Monday, January 7, 2008

Bottle Cap Baroque

Dresser and Chair

Sculptural Furniture by Rick Ladd

Mirror

Chair and Mirror

Tower

Altar


What the artist says about his work: I often see beauty in the everyday things, cracked weathered paint on an old door, a flattened beer can lying in the street, and the simple perfection of a discarded bottle cap.

I have found inspiration in many things, including folk and outsider art, grottos and sculptural environments, and Burmese temples. I am drawn to forms that I would describe as obsessive, accumulative, whimsical, and overly ornamental.

My bottle cap furniture came as a result of much time and invention and a strong desire to transform my existing conventional furniture into a new, fantastic sculptural form. With the help of a local bar, I have recycled thousands of bottle caps into very unique works; my personal expression as a celebration of life.

0 comments: